Art on Show
ART ON SHOW AT THE HOBART SHOW
THE ANNUAL ART ON SHOW EVENT
Artery presents Tasmania’s premier art competition, Art on Show. This prize offers a notable opportunity to present work in a professional setting and participate in a long-running and well-respected exhibition, with up to $10 000 in prizes offered annually.
Artery Art on Show values the significant contribution of all artists to the Tasmanian community and offers prizes in categories across all 2D media to all artists, including emerging and recreational artists.
Enter up to three works in oil, acrylic, watercolour, gouache, ink, pencil, pastel, charcoal, print media, mixed media, photography, or any other 2D medium. Works will be displayed for sale during the Royal Hobart Show in the Grandstand Hall.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Visit the Royal Hobart Show online entry portal above.
2. Create an account
3. “Add Entry” for Art on Show Schedule
4. View the entry conditions under “View Schedule”
5. Follow the on-screen prompts. Be sure to upload your Artist Statement if you are entering the Emerging Artist category
6. Pay entry fee/s on or before ________(see form for payment options)
1. Download and print your entry form, from the link above.
2. Read, fill in, and sign your entry form
3. Return your form on or before COB ________ (see form for delivery details)
4. Pay entry fee/s on or before COB ________ (see form for payment options)
2019 OVERALL WINNER:
The 2019 overall winner was Pamela Shepherd with her piece titled, “Lake Ballard Subversion”.
2019 SECTION D RUNNER UP:
The 2019 runner up was Bill Watson with his piece titled, “Blue Mountains-Panorama from Leura”.
2019 PORTRAIT PRIZE WINNER:
The 2019 portrait prize winner was Elizabeth Hunn with her piece titled, “Bill and the Whisky Thief”.
2019 SECTION C DRAWING AND OTHER MEDIA WINNER:
The 2019 drawing and other media winner was Susie Meech with her piece titled, “Waiting”.